Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, C!

A good lot of water under the bridge since I became a mother 33 years and 6 minutes ago. Thirty-three years...can that be right? If it's true that "Time flies when you're having fun," I must be having a lot more fun than I know about.

We went, Blue-Eyed Boy in tow, to C's birthday party, one hour away. How many times did I hear, "Poke, are we almost there?" I can't say with certainty, but one thing I'm sure about: regardless of what all has happened in the years since I confronted motherhood, some things just haven't changed at all.

1 comment:

sterling river said...

HEY HEY HEY! hope you all had a wonderful time.

Yo yo, way to go, yes time flies but it doesn't matter if you're having fun or not! It keeps flying and goes by so fast. But that's okay, we have to keep up and cope with whatever the reality is - You all have an awesome family and I'm proud of you for all you've accomplished.