Wednesday, June 25, 2008

...and we're off...!

In a few hours we are beginning the journey of a thousand miles. Off to drop our boy at West Point.

Is everything done? Let's see...bills paid, yard mowed, mail stopped, newspapers stopped, dog and garden care arranged, police and neighbors notified, suitcases packed...what else? I'm sure I'll remember at least one more thing after it's too late. Still to do: clean out fridge, clean out car (that's M's), pay one more bill, pack bathroom bag, and do some errands on the way out.

I'm feeling rather overwrought, overwhelmed, overworked, overloaded, overburdened, and overstressed, but I will probably feel a wee bit better after we are on the road. No more decisions to make.

If I can adjust my attitude a bit, this can be an adventure. Lots of fun on the way, but at the end...the Trail of Tears.

No comments: