On Thursday C got a letter, and we got a surprise phone call! We were expecting one this weekend, between July 11th and July 13th, according to the supe. I asked M if this was the weekend call, and he had no idea what I was talking about, so I assume it was. But, just in case it wasn't, I will make sure to carry the cell phone with me wherever I go this weekend.
And today another surprise: a video email! The quality wasn't the best, but it was our boy~YES!~complete with what looks like a poke in the eye. But he never mentioned anything like that, so either it's just a shadow or something on the video, or more likely, something he deems not worthy of mention.
Some highlights of life at Beast Barracks:
- One of his friends from home is in his company. She is doing well, in spite of a burn on her finger;
- His other friend from home is in a different company, but he sees him at Chaplain's Time, and they sit together in church;
- He "lucked out" with his company/platoon/squad, and he likes his roommate;
- He was sooooo hungry he ate a pear! Just the thought brought gales of laughter from all of us!
- He has NO blisters!
- It's tough, but he is proud and happy to be there. Well, happy-ish, but definitely proud;
- He has been able to try out for chapel choir;
- He passed all his physical tests;
- Barbecued chicken (even with bones) for 4th of July.
At home we keep the internet hot playing "Where's Waldo?" daily. Well...hourly, if you want to know, and we actually find him from time to time. We all feel better getting to see him. He really is ok!
Already his 47 months is down to 46 months and 2 weeks. I wonder if it is going as fast for him as it is for us?
Just like that officer lectured on R-Day, just like we expected...He has what it takes...