- When you make a purchase, you don't get a receipt if you don't ask for one, and then sometimes you still don't get one.
- Every single time we asked for something in a store or ordered a meal in a restaurant, our request was answered with "You gaht it."
- When they say "toll road" in New York, they really, really mean it.
- It costs a whole lot of $ to get into New York City. What I cannot fathom is WHY?!!!
- New Yorkers in general, and New York drivers in particular have a reputation. All I know for sure is that I have seen polite-er and courteous-er drivers in Houston and Dallas and Los Angeles.
- Bumper sticker on a taxi: "Save gas, call a cab." Do cabs in New York run on air or something?
- Police cars in New York have light bars that can stick straight up!
- Hwy 117K... Exit 1-41P.... Huh?
The Time Of His Life
5 years ago