Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July

Already?! Wait a minute! You always hear that time flies when you're having fun. Well, it does. And it also flies when you're not having fun.

This year we have been having some fun times and some not-so-fun times, and sometimes they are the same thing. This past week, for instance, is going to stand out as both.

The fun was the trip, meeting/making new friends, a weekend at the beach, a beautiful drive (in spite of the freeway fiascoes we met along the way) in a cool new (rented) PT Cruiser, absolutely breathtaking scenery, and a chance to participate in the tradition of America in a way like never before.

The not-so-fun part, of course, was going home M-less.

So there you have it. Like the two-edged sword in the Bible. Fun/not fun. I better put on my running shoes and keep my eyes on the fun part because 2008 is already halfway into history, with me or without me. Maybe I can catch up!

No comments: