Tuesday, October 9, 2012

9th Day of Empty Nesting...Relentless


Little kids are relentless.  It's no wonder we have them when we are young.  It's the only way they are survivable.

Back in the early days of the Empty Nest we had a weekend visit from C and the two BB's.  They were little guys, full of life and zeal and energy, and they were in love with Monga.  Those little guys were Monga's boys. 

When it was time for them to go home, they began to beg Monga to come home with them.  He sadly told them he had to work, and it just wasn't possible.  Noooo problem....then how about they stay with him?  I will never forget what followed.

Monga gushed over them.  He oohed and aahed.  He told them, "I am sooooo happy that you boys came to see me.  I am so thrilled that you invited me to come home with you.  I am so excited that you want to stay with me.  Let me help you get in your car seat."

He got them buckled in and they took off.  He stood at the sidewalk and waved until they were out of sight.  Then he walked into the house and sighed, "I sure do love those little boys.  I'm going to take a nap."

No comments: