Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Day

CBT is officially over and the cadoodles are officially cadets. I am so proud of my boy. My only regret is that I didn't get to see it.

I checked the USMA website in hopes that there would be a live stream of the parade, but no such luck. Or maybe I am not tech-y enough to find it. That's a definite possibility. In any event, I will soon be back to haunting Plebe Net for pictures and videos from the families that were able to go, and *Where's Waldo?* should be in full swing again before long.

D called this morning, and just as we were about to hang up, the other phone started to ring. When I saw M's picture on the caller id I grabbed it right up~ Hello, hello, HELLO? No one was there! WAAAAAHH!!!! I immediately called him back, but no answer. So much for Verizon's good reception at West Point... But a little bit later I was checking gmail, and there was my boy!!! So, all is well in my empty-nested world.

After IM-ing with him for a bit, I am thinking that maybe it is just as well we didn't get to go. He was planning on hitting a couple of the many picnics/events he/we was/were invited to, and then taking a nap, a heretofore barely-contemplated luxury. And of course he will have "ESP" tomorrow: Evening Study Period (not, as I surmised, the well known sports channel ). Had we been there, he almost surely would have missed his nap, and I think he sorely needs one.

So... Happy Napping, M! It may be your last one for another while. The race is on!

2 comments:

sterling river said...

Good news, and hope he takes every nap he can get. He's working hard!

jlbo1981 said...

Way to go!! You have so much to be proud of, and many congrats to M for completing this first of many stages.