Friday, November 14, 2008

Who's Next?

So now the automakers need bailing out. When is this going to stop? Who will have their hand out next?

I know that car sales are down, placing the automotive industry in dire straits. My newest car is seven or eight years old, and I have an idea that will help both of us. Instead of a gargantuan gift of government grants to the automakers, I propose a bailout payment to the beleaguered taxpayer, who can then purchase a new car. Business growth for the car manufacturers, and a new car for me. Voila'!

2 comments:

jlbo1981 said...

I'm with you, my car is almost 9 years old, and my husbands car is 11 years with over 100,000 miles, we can't afford new cars either. It would be nice if someone would bail me out. And do we have to keep harping on how we are in a recession, I think everyone knows that by now, let's stop talking about it and fix it.

Mary said...

That sounds like a great idea!