- ARRIVE ALIVE, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.
- PROTECT YOUR HEAD, DON'T END UP DEAD, illustrated by a picture of a motorcycle going off in one direction while its rider takes a conk on his helmeted head.
- SPEED KILLS. DON'T BE IN A HURRY TO ENTER ETERNITY.
- KEEP FATALITIES DOWN. DRIVE, RIDE, AND WALK GOOD.
- GIVE WAY = Yield.
Other road signs:
- Only fools break safety rules.
- Children our future - Watch out for them on the road.
- NO SMOKIN ~ We thought at first that the "G" had fallen off, but on second thought...Maybe not?
- Have a COOL day.
- PROUD TO BE JAMAICAN ~ A caricature of a horse head saying "Yeh, Mon."
- Spruce up Jamaica. Nice up Yourself ~ Some sort of tourist promotion?
- My Life Soon Set with Lotto.
- Stronger for Longer ~ Name of a battery store.
- Choice Cut for Choosy People ~ Deli, grocery, meat store.
- Haberdashery ~ I'm not sure I've ever even seen a haberdashery store, but in Jamaica they abound, a holdover, I suppose, from their recent British past.
- Liquor and Ice Cream ~ The store with something for everybody.
- Long and Strong ~ A party store.
- FDR ~ Franklyn D Resort.
- Art's Car Park ~ I saw several of these, kinda like a chain business. I never could figure out if it was a parking lot or a car dealer, but at least it rhymes.
- Devon House I Scream, Devon House I Cream ~ The Baskin-Robbins of Jamaica, I'm guessing.
And, the WINNER! Seen at a gas station:
- NO NAKED LIGHTS = "No Smoking."